Land Use - Mixed Use
Mixed use ordinance update
What is mixed use development?
Mixed use is an approach to land use and development that has been evolving throughout the United States since the late 1960s.
It blends land uses together – commercial, residential, recreational, educational, and others while creating a sense of place that is convenient, visually attractive, and pedestrian oriented. It must also be economically feasible and provide for a range of choices.
How do we get there?
During the recent update of the county’s Comprehensive Growth Management Plan, the Mixed Use Ordinance was identified as a key ingredient toward accomplishing the community’s goals and vision. The Clark County Board of Commissioners appointed an Advisory Committee representing development, financing, neighborhood, and smart growth interests to refine the current Mixed Use Ordinance.
In December 2004, the Board of Clark County Commissioners adopted an interim Mixed Use Ordinance (40.230.020) to allow the Advisory Committee the opportunity to develop a more comprehensive mixed use code that better reflects community values and responds more effectively to the property characteristics of those areas now designated for such uses.
The Advisory Committee launched an extensive look at mixed use developments and identified key ingredients needed for mixed use developments in Clark County. Through a series of community forums, the Committee developed a revised Mixed Use Ordinance, updated the Master Planned Development code, and created a Mixed Use Development Standards.
The Board of Clark County Commissioners reviewed the work of the advisory committee and adopted landmark mixed use development code on April 25, 2006.
- Mixed Use Code - CCC 40.230.020 FIXME
- Master Planned Development - CCC 40.520.070
- Summary of Procedures and Processes - CCC 40.500.010 FIXME
- Definitions - CCC 40.100.070
- CCC Title 40 Appendix D
- Part 1 (PDF) FIXME
- Part 2 (PDF) FIXME
- Part 3 (PDF) FIXME
- Adopting resolution - Ord. 2006-04-18
- Committee members (PDF)
- Committee guidelines (PDF)
- Committee STEP 2 work program (PDF)
- Planning Commission hearing presentation
- Mixed Use community workshop
- Workshop summary
- Development forum presentation
- First half
- Second half
- Round table forum presentation (PDF 2MB)
- Mixed Use Projects Design Standards and Ordinance Request for Proposal #408 (PDF) was released on March 7, 2005. Proposals were due on April 1, 2005.
(360) 397-2280 ext. 4516