Housing Rehabilitation Program
This program is designed to ensure decent and safe living conditions for eligible applicants.
The Housing Rehabilitation Program is available to low-to-moderate income homeowners who live in Clark County and in the Woodland city limits. Funding for the program is through the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD) Community Development Block Grant (CDBG) Program under Title 1 of the Housing and Community Development Act of 1974.
City of Vancouver residents
The City of Vancouver manages the Housing Rehabilitation Loan Program for homeowners living within the city limits of Vancouver. For information, contact Peggy Sheehan at (360) 487-7952 or email@example.com. Interested homeowners may contact Kevin Gillette of the Community Housing Resource Center at (360) 690-4496 ext. 101 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org to initiate the eligibility screening.
Single-Family Housing Rehabilitation Program
Single family site-built homes may be rehabilitated to improve livability, to increase energy efficiency, or to extend the life of the home, or they may be modified for accessibility. Mobile homes on leased property do not qualify for this program. The home is inspected by a Rehabilitation Specialist to determine if the repairs requested are within the scope of the program. Eligible home improvements must meet minimum HUD's Housing Quality Standards.
|Apply for Assistance|
1. Review the Housing Rehabilitation brochure.
2. Print, complete, and return the Housing Rehabilitation application if you meet the qualifications itemized in the brochure.
- You must have owned and lived in your home for at least the past 12 months
- Your property value cannot exceed $285,000
- You cannot own any other real estate
- You must qualify based on household income
- Your property taxes and mortgage must be paid current
- You must have sufficient equity in the home to cover the cost of the repairs
- Your maximum allowable assets for a single person household cannot exceed $20,000, or $40,000 for two or more persons in the household
- The home must be site-built or a mobile home with the title eliminated. Mobile homes on leased land do not qualify.
Types of eligible repairs
- Exterior repairs
- Roof repair/replacement
- Electrical, plumbing or mechanical repairs to existing systems
- Reconstruction or replacement of structural components
- Septic repair/replacement
- Roll-in showers and grab bars
Housing Rehabilitation Contact
(360) 397-2075 ext. 7842
(360) 397-2075 ext. 7811