About Economic Development
Over the next 20 years, the county would like to achieve the following in its economic programs:
- Increase opportunity for citizen’s economic well-being.
- Increase skill levels leading to increased opportunity and higher income levels.
- Respect that individuals have needs for different opportunities. Diverse opportunities are important.
- Look for the “path to yes” in interaction between citizens, partners, and the economic community.
- An economic vision rooted in evidence.
- A vision that transcends planning cycles and biennial budgets.
- Erase boundaries between communities and topical disciplines.
- Use resources wisely through focused strategies.
To achieve this vision the county plans to focus on the following unifying principles:
- Focus on our strengths as a community.
- Use robust strategies with broad applicability.
- Focus on key competencies and do them well.
- Keep programs small, strong and simple.