Eileen J. Quiring
Eileen J. Quiring, a Real Estate Broker in Washington, was elected to the county council in November 2016 and took office Jan. 3, 2017.
Councilor Quiring ran for office saying she would support rural property rights and policies that create “shovel ready” sites for future employers.
She had served on the Clark County Planning Commission and Board of Equalization and resigned those positions prior to being sworn in as a member of the Board of County Councilors.
Previously, she was executive director of and later consultant to the Robert D. and Marcia H. Randall Charitable Trust/Randall Realty Corp. in Portland, Ore. She served in the Oregon House of Representative from 1995-1997 and Oregon State Senate from 1997-2001.
As a legislator, Councilor Quiring focused on justice issues and appropriations. She served as deputy co-chair of the Joint Ways and Means Committee and on its subcommittees on human resources, transportation and economic development. She was a member of the Judiciary Committee in both chambers, as well as the Senate Revenue Committee, Senate Health and Human Services Committee, Education Leadership Team, Financial Aid Commission and Pacific Northwest Economic Region Compact. She was elected Majority Whip in 1999.
Councilor Quiring is a former small business owner and appraiser.
2017 Council assignments
- Board of Health
- Board of Greater Clark Parks District
- Elected Officials Breakfast
- Elder Justice Executive Board
- Emergency Medical Services Districts Board
- Industrial Revenue Bond Board
- Lower Columbia Fish Recovery Board
- North Country Emergency Medical Services Board
- Regional Transportation Council
- Reserve Officer's Relief and Pension Board
- Southwest WA Clean Air Agency
- Vancouver Library, capital facilities