John Blom was elected to the county council in November 2016 and took office Jan. 3, 2017. He campaigned on a platform that included public safety as his top priority, working toward an increased supply of affordable housing, development of public-private partnerships to meet the community's mental health needs and an improved transportation system.
Councilor Blom served on the Clark County Planning Commission from 2013-2016. He resigned prior to being sworn in as a member of the council.
He maintains a strong interest in issues of mental health, land use and public safety.
He was a member of the Leadership Clark County class of 2014.
2017 Council assignments
- Area Agency on Aging & Disabilities
- Board of Health
- Board of Greater Clark Parks District
- Clark Transit Agency - CTRAN
- Council for the Homeless
- Emergency Medical Services District Board #1
- Elected Officials Breakfast
- Industrial Revenue Bond Board
- SWWA Regional Health Care Advisory Committee
- Southwest WA Convention and Visitors Bureau
- Vancouver Library, capital facilities