Web Links Guidelines and Disclaimer
Clark County’s website provides the public a convenient, efficient way to get information about county departments, programs and services. Links to other websites offer opportunities to find further information on county-related subjects.
Links from Clark County’s site
Links are permitted if they support Clark County’s governmental purposes and provide information relevant to county functions and services. Links are allowed for entities that meet any of the following criteria:
- Other governmental entities, special purpose districts and public educational institutions.
- Organizations that receive direct financial support from Clark County or are affiliated with county services.
- Nonprofit organizations that provide cultural, educational or recreational information or activities within Clark County.
- News gathering organizations, either a newspaper of regular circulation no less than 5,000 that is published at least weekly or a television or radio station that provides local news regularly and maintains a national network affiliation.
Clark County, at its sole discretion, will determine whether an external link meets the guidelines described above. Generally, content that does not support the purposes of the county’s website will not be linked to includes, but is not limited to, content that contains, suggests or infers:
- Assistance or opposition to an election campaign of any person to any office or promotion or opposition to any ballot proposition.
- Advocacy for or opposition to any politically, environmentally or socially controversial subjects, issues or candidates.
- Disparagement or promotion of any person or class of persons.
- It is not suitable for readers or viewers of all ages.
- Promoting or inciting illegal, violent or socially undesirable conduct.
- Promotion or availability of alcohol or tobacco products, illegal drugs, medical or recreational marijuana and/or adult or sexually oriented entertainment or material.
- Promotion, opposition or availability of weapons or gambling.
- Advocacy of any private commercial enterprise.
- Claims of efficacy, suitability, desirability or other subjective statements about businesses, products or services.
- Infringement of any trademark, copyright or patent right of another.
- Claims or representations in violation of advertising or consumer protection laws.
- Something a reasonable person may consider outside the dignity and decorum for government.
Removal of links
Clark County reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to remove external links that may otherwise meet its guidelines.
Clark County’s website contains links to other sites which allow users to leave the county’s site. Clark County is providing those links only as a convenience. The practices and information on those sites is out of the county’s control. When linking to another site, users are subject to the privacy practices of that new site. Clark County is not responsible for them.
Neither Clark County, nor any agency, officer or county employee warrants the accuracy, reliability or timeliness of any information published by this system. Nor does Clark County, or any agency, officer or county employee, endorse any content, viewpoints, products or services linked from this system and shall not be held liable for any losses caused by reliance on the accuracy, reliability or timeliness of such information. Portions of such information may be incorrect or out of date. Any person or entity that relies on any information obtained from this system does so at his, her or its own risk.