You are immediately entered into the Clark County Human Resources tracking system. You are able to apply for multiple jobs with one application, and can review your status and update your profile and resume any time.
What are the benefits to applying online?
What Web browser should I use?
How do I register and/or apply for a job?
Can I contact the hiring manager?
Clark County has many hiring managers reviewing hundreds of applications. Because of this volume, we will not supply hiring manager contact information to applicants. This policy applies to specific jobs as well as requests for informational interviews or visits from out-of-state.
Thank you for your understanding.
Can I upload a cover letter to My Application in iRecruitment?
Yes. We encourage the use of cover letters as a way to supply additional information which cannot be put into our iRecruitment system or your resumé.
To upload your cover letter, login to iRecruitment and click My Application. Scroll down to the Documents section, and click Add Another Document.
NOTE: Any document you upload to your account on our iRecruitment system will be visible to each hiring manager handling each job for which you have applied. Therefore, we suggest you keep your cover letter somewhat generic and simply address it to "Dear Hiring Manager."
Can I mail or email my resumé instead of completing the online application?
No. An online application is required for each job opening. Our iRecruitment system offers application instructions in the "How to Apply" section. The iRecruitment system allows candidates to upload a resume, which can start the online application process.
Can I apply for a job now and upload my resumé and cover letter later?
We strongly urge you to have your personal information, resumé and cover letter in iRecruitment before you apply for a job. If the hiring manager sees your application without completed information, the application might be rejected because it's incomplete.
Also, note that some jobs can close at any time, so act quickly once you see a job that interests you.
How can I apply if I don't have a computer?
The Human Resources Office has kiosks where you can apply online. In addition, a number of public buildings have computers you can use to apply.
Do I have to register each time I want to apply?
You only need to register once for iRecruitment. After that, you can log into the system any time you wish to view or apply for jobs or make updates to your application.
I don't remember whether I've registered or applied using my personal email address. How do I find out?
Use the password reset page for non-employees to submit a password request. If you have registered for iRecruitment in the past with that email address, you will receive a password reset notice. NOTE: be sure to check your junk/spam mail folder for your reset password.
Why doesn't my employment history appear in chronological order?
Employment history stores in the order it was entered. But when Human Resources reviews applications, the information is automatically sorted in chronological order, so don't be concerned.
Can I delete old jobs from my Jobs Applied For page?
No. The jobs you have applied for are part of your HR record.
What do I enter as the end date for my current job?
If you are still working at your current job and don't have a planned date to leave, simply leave the field blank.
Can I target a resumé/cover letter for a specific job if I am applying for multiple positions?
You may attach up to 10 documents to your profile, including several versions of resumés and cover letters. However, iRecruitment stores your documents as a common pool, not isolated to a single job. For example, if you create a resumé/cover letter for a office assistant position and then create a resumé/cover letter and apply for a custody officer position, both sets will be visible to the hiring managers of any positions for which you are applying.
Here are two suggestions about how to use the system:
- Instead of using position-specific documents, consider uploading more general documents. For example, a cover letter addressed to "hiring manager."
- When required by the job opening, title your resumé/cover letter with the job number and job name. Delete any position-specific resumés/cover letters if the job status changes to indicate you are no longer being considered for the position.
Can I share an e-mail that is already registered in iRecruitment?
I have already created an online application and applied for positions. I just changed my e-mail address. How does this affect my ability to use your online system?
You should log in using your old e-mail address and change your e-mail address to your new e-mail address on the My Application - Personal Information page. Once you have submitted your new e-mail address, the system will recognize it as your new login ID. You will then be required to use your new e-mail address each time you log back into the system.
If I'm not sure which job I want, can I just submit a blanket application online and let you determine what job I qualify for?
Due to the high volume of applications received annually, Clark County cannot match candidates to available positions. You must submit an online application for each position for which you are applying. Many jobs require responses to supplemental questions that vary from position to position. Remember, if you are applying for multiple jobs simultaneously, you will only complete one application at a time in iRecruitment.
I applied for a job yesterday. I found another job online that I want to apply for today. Do I have to fill out all of my information again?
Not all of it. With iRecruitment, once you log in using your e-mail address and password, iRecruitment will retrieve your application. iRecruitment will "remember" some information you have already provided. You will have the opportunity to add or edit the pre-populated information. You will also need to complete the information on all of the other pages that do not pre-populate.
Can I enter an application for a position before the job is open?
Only recruitments currently open will appear on iRecruitment. If you anticipate a specific position becoming available, please return to iRecruitment frequently.
What is a job basket and how do I create one?
A job basket is a temporary holding spot for jobs you want to apply for that you selected during your search of our site. To create one, left click in the Selection column next to the recruitment number and then the Add to Basket button. To access your basket, left click on the Job Basket icon located at the top and bottom of the page. Once your basket is opened, you have the option to Delete From Basket or Apply Now. Directons are provided on the Job Basket page.
Are all sections of the application required? Do I need to answer the supplemental questions?
Yes to both. It is your responsibility to ensure that all sections of the online application are completed, including the Assessment. Incomplete or improperly completed online applications may be rejected even if you are qualified for the position for which you are applying. Likewise, it is your responsibility to be sure that your online application reflects the required work experience and education needed to meet the minimum requirements for the position(s) for which you are applying.
Do I need to list all the positions I have held?
Your "application" must be a complete and accurate representation of your work experience and education. Please be sure your application includes the following information for each position you have held:
- Name of company/employer
- Starting and ending dates - month and year
- Job Title
- Job Duties
- Supervisor's Name
- Supervisor's Phone Number
- Hours per Week
- Number of Employees Supervised
- Reason for Leaving
- Indicate if Clark County can contact this employer
Also include any university/college you attended and the type of degree(s) awarded.
What happens if I submit an online application but do not complete all required sections?
Online applications that are incomplete will not be considered. Please be sure that all sections of your online application are completed prior to clicking the submit button.
I see there is a closing date for the job I am applying for, but no closing time. Does that mean I can submit my application at any time on the closing date?
You may submit your application up until 11:59 PM (PT) on the closing date. Applicants are STRONGLY encouraged not to wait until the last minute to submit their application for several reasons: 1) If you submit an application after 11:59 PM (PT) on the closing date, the system will not accept your application; 2) An incomplete application submitted close to the closing time allows you little to no opportunity to make corrections; 3) It is impossible to predict technical difficulties, on your end OR our end. Please do not wait until the last minute. Clark County is not responsible for technical difficulties or delays.
What are the different kinds of application status?
Application status definitions are below. Please note, not all will apply to every recruitment.
- Active Application: Your application was submitted successfully; no action has been taken yet.
- Eligibility Pool: You are in the pool of eligible candidates and may be referred for other openings.
- Eligible: You have met the minimum qualifications and have been referred to the hiring manager for further review.
- Eligible - Pending: You met the minimum qualifications and may receive further consideration if no selection is made from the review currently underway.
- Failed Written/Practical Exam: Your score on the written/practical exam was not high enough and you are no longer being considered for this position.
- Hired: An offer has been extended to you and you have accepted the offer.
- Incomplete Application: You did not complete all information required for this recruitment and are no longer being considered.
- Ineligible: You were ineligible to apply for this recruitment and your application materials will not be considered.
- Moved to Next Recruitment: Your application materials were transferred to another recruitment.
- No Longer Being Considered: You met the minimum qualifications, but your application is no longer being considered for this position.
- No Show/No Response: You failed to show up for a component of the recruitment process and will not be considered.
- Not Selected: Your application is no longer being considered for the specific position.
- Pending Review by HR: Your application was received after the first review and may receive further consideration if no selection is made from the review currently underway.
- Recruitment Closed/No Hire: The recruitment has been canceled; no further action will be taken.
- Scheduled 2nd Oral Interview: You have been scheduled for a second oral Interview.
- Scheduled Oral Interview: You have been scheduled for an oral interview.
- Scheduled Written/Practical Exam: You have been scheduled to take a written/practical exam.
- Voluntarily Withdrew: You voluntarily withdrew from this recruitment and will no longer be considered.
I need help. Who do I contact?
Please note that if the answer to your question is located in the FAQ pages, we will direct you back to them for your answer. Questions not covered in our FAQ pages must be e-mailed to iRecruitment Support.