Children with Special Needs
Public Health supports families with children with special health care needs. All children who are at risk or have a health and/or developmental problems are eligible for care coordination regardless of income.
A nurse care coordinator will:
- Screen children who are at risk for development delay.
- Refer you to local resources for early intervention services – physical, occupational and speech therapy, and pre-school.
- Assist with specific areas of concern, such as nutrition, feeding, growth, development and behaviors issues.
- Provide information about your child's medical condition.
- Provide referrals to parent support organizations.
- Help your family locate financial assistance to pay for your child's care.
For more information or to refer a child call (360) 397-8440 or fill out the following form and fax to (360) 397-8442.
Printable CSHCN Referral Form
Printable CSHCN Brochure
Developmental and Early Intervention Services in Clark County
CHILD HEALTH NOTES:
A quarterly newsletter focusing on a topic of interest for families and providers working with children who have special health care needs.