Children with Special Needs
Public Health supports families with children with special health care needs. All children who are at risk or have a health and/or developmental problems are eligible for care coordination regardless of income.
A nurse care coordinator will:
- Screen children who are at risk for development delay.
- Refer you to local resources for early intervention services – physical, occupational and speech therapy, and pre-school.
- Assist with specific areas of concern, such as nutrition, feeding, growth, development and behaviors issues.
- Provide information about your child's medical condition.
- Provide referrals to parent support organizations.
- Help your family locate financial assistance to pay for your child's care.
For more information or to refer a child call (360) 397-8440 or fill out the following form and fax to (360) 397-8442.
Printable CSHCN Referral Form
Printable CSHCN Brochure
Printable Community Resources
Developmental and Early Intervention Services in Clark Co.- Key to Helping Your Child Reach Their Maximum Potential -- brochure eng.brochure sp.for resources in the community that help identify infants/children as early as possible who may benefit from further evaluation and/or early intervention services.
CHILD HEALTH NOTES:
This is a quarterly newsletter focusing on a topic of interest for families and providers working with children who have special health care needs.
4th Quarter 2017 -- "What's New in Down Syndrome?" pdf
3rd Quarter 2017 -- "Blood Lead Screening and Testing Recommendation"pdf
1st&2nd Quarter 2017 -- "Speech Disfluency and Stuttering in Early Childhood" pdf
4th Quarter 2016 -- "Red Flags in Speech & Language Development"
3rd Quarter 2016 -- "Postpartum Depression-more common that you may thing....and more significant for the child than you may be aware!"
2nd Quarter 2016 -- "WithinReach Resource Finder: Help for Children w/Autism Spectrum Disorders"
1st Quarter 2016 -- "Care Coordination for Children & Youth w/Epilepsy"