Council seeks two representatives for Solid Waste Advisory Commission
The Clark County Council is seeking applicants for two volunteer positions on the Solid Waste Advisory Commission.
One position represents Clark County at-large and is open to all residents. The other position represents Clark County agriculture. Applicants for the agriculture position should currently be involved in or have a background in one of the following areas:
- Farming and food processing
- Extension office, conservation district or other agricultural agency work
- Compost and agricultural debris facilities
- Other agricultural fields in Clark County
The three-year terms begin as soon as the positions are filled and end Dec. 31, 2022.
Commission members act as representatives of their regions or stakeholder groups and advise the county council on solid waste issues, such as recycling, garbage collection, landfills, transfer stations and waste-reduction programs. Members also, at times, participate in solid waste-related projects and engage in the policy process.
The commission meets at 6 pm on the first Thursday of February, May, August and November. Meetings are at the Center for Community Health, 1601 E Fourth Plain Blvd., Vancouver.
Applicants should send a résumé and letter of interest to Michelle Pfenning, County Manager’s Office, PO Box 5000, Vancouver 98666-5000.
Applications also can be sent by email to Michelle.Pfenning@clark.wa.gov or fax to 360.397.6058.
The letter of interest should include:
- How you represent the interests of Clark County residents (at-large position) or agricultural community (agriculture position).
- Your personal or professional experience related to solid waste.
- Your vision for the future of solid waste management in Clark County.
Application deadline is 5 pm Friday, Jan. 24.
Visit the Solid Waste Advisory Commission website for more information.