Fact sheets and reports
The fact sheets and reports below include general overviews of the health of our community as well as subject-specific examinations of health data and their public health implications.
Access to health care
- Access to primary care providers in Clark County, 2005 report (PDF)
- Is there an access to prenatal care crisis in Clark County? - May 2008 report (PDF)
Clark County overviews
- Clark County Community Health Assessment 2015 - Describes how a broad community health assessment identified the top health issues through local data and community input. Sections examine county demographics, social determinants of health, health status, and priority health issues.
- Healthy Columbia Willamette Collaborative - A partnership between local public health departments and non-profit hospitals in the Portland/Vancouver area to develop a regional community health needs assessment and implementation strategies to address regional health needs.
- Health Status Assessment – Lists the top health-related behavior and outcome indicators affecting each of the four counties as well as the four-county region.
- Growing Healthier Report - Examines how the community makes decisions that help Clark County grow in a way that promotes health through the lens of the Clark County Comprehensive Growth Management Plan, the county's plan to guide growth and land use.
- 2010 Community Assessment, Planning, and Evaluation (CAPE) Report (PDF)
- Report highlights - Lists all indicators that have changed over time in Clark County, indicators for which Clark County is different than Washington State, and indicators that vary by demographic characteristic within Clark County.
- Indicator summary table - Provides a summary of all indicators organized by chapter heading.
- Introduction - Includes data on all-cause mortality, life expectancy, leading causes of death, years of potential life lost, median household income, adult educational attainment, and free and reduced-priced meal participation.
- Emotional health and substance abuse - Includes data on alcohol availability, poor adult emotional health, adult binge drinking, suicide, youth depression, and youth alcohol, marijuana, and methamphetamine use.
- Environmental health - Includes data on vehicle miles traveled per capita, single occupancy vehicle commute trips, Group B systems current with water monitoring requirements, air quality, and food service inspection results.
- Access to care - Includes data on first trimester prenatal care, Adult health care coverage, Adults with a personal doctor, Adult dental visit in the past year, and Adults who could not afford to see a doctor.
- Abuse and neglect - Includes data on child abuse and neglect, elder abuse, and domestic violence.
- Overweight and obesity - Includes data on adult obesity, adult overweight and obesity, youth obesity, and youth overweight and obesity.
- Nutrition - Includes data on food stamp participation, adult fruit and vegetable consumption, youth fruit and vegetable consumption, and sweetened beverage consumption at school.
- Physical activity - Includes data on adult leisure time physical activity, daily physical education attendance, and youth physical activity.
- Sexual and reproductive health - Includes data on teen births and Chlamydia.
- 2010 Community Assessment, Planning, and Evaluation (CAPE) Report Appendix (PDF)
- Community report card, 2009 (PDF)
- Demographics - updated December 2014 (PDF)
- Exploring the Clark County food system - August 2008 report (PDF)
- The Health of Clark County: Facts at a glance - June 2008 (PDF)
- Asthma (PDF)
- Alzheimer's disease death rates (PDF)
- Coronary heart disease death rates (PDF)
- Stroke death rates (PDF)
Health behaviors and risk factors
- Center for Community Health: Smoke-free Campus - May 2007 report (PDF)
- Clark County Youth: Nutrition, physical activity and weight status - June 2008 report (PDF)
- Nutrition (PDF)
- Obesity and overweight (PDF)
- Physical activity (PDF)
- Tobacco use (PDF)
Healthy Youth Survey reports - Clark County - 2014
Infectious and communicable disease
Injury, crime and violence
- Motor vehicle crash death rates - updated May 2008 (PDF)
- Motor vehicle crash death rates, by age group - updated May 2008 (PDF)
- Unintentional fall death rates - updated July 2008 (PDF)
- Suicide death rates - updated October 2015(PDF)
- Suicide death rates, by age group - updated October 2015(PDF)
- Youth suicide death rates - updated October 2015(PDF)
- Drug-related death rates - updated April 2015 (PDF)
- Opiate-related death rates - updated April 2015 (PDF)
Maternal and child health
- Births to women who smoke - updated May 2008 (PDF)
- First trimester prenatal care utilization - updated March 2008 (PDF)
- Focus on Maternal Health in Clark County - April 2009 report (PDF)
- Late or no prenatal care utilization - updated May 2008 (PDF)
- Low birth weight - updated March 2008 (PDF)
- Smile Survey 2005: Oral health status of Clark County children (PDF)
- Pregnancy, birth, and abortion rates, aged 15-44 - updated July 2008 (PDF)
- Teen pregnancy, aged 15-17 - updated June 2008 (PDF)
- Teen pregnancy, birth, and abortion rates, aged 15-17 - updated June 2008 (PDF)
Health Impact Assessment
- Clark County Bicycle and Pedestrian Master Plan - May 2010 (PDF)
- Comprehensive Health Impact Assessment: Clark County Bicycle and Pedestrian Master Plan, December 2010 (PDF)
- Evaluation of Health Impact Assessment: Clark County Bicycle and Pedestrian Master Plan (PDF)
- Vancouver Comprehensive Plan Rapid HIA (PDF)