Master Composter Recycler Program
The Master Composter Recycler Program educates the community on waste reduction and recycling. Trained volunteers provide education through workshops, composting demonstration sites, worm bins in the classroom, and staffing booth at outreach events.
The objectives of the program are:
- To reduce the amount of food waste and recyclable materials going to the landfill.
- To educate the public that organic materials are an asset.
- To demonstrate the benefits of composting through a variety of techniques.
- To answer citizens' questions on composting and recycling.
- To provide for personal and professional growth of individuals volunteering for the program.
The training consists of a 10-session course that explores: backyard composting, vermicomposting, recycling, sustainable living and green cleaning.