Natural Garden Tour features 12 sustainable gardens to inspire local gardeners
Vancouver, Wash. – Booklets for the Green Neighbors Natural Garden Tour are now available at garden stores across the county.
Clark County residents will get a chance to wander through 12 diverse natural gardens that showcase earth-friendly gardening techniques from 10 am to 4 pm Sunday, July 15.
Booklets with the map and details about the free, self-guided garden tour can be downloaded from www.clarkgreenneighbors.org/gardentour or found at:
- Backyard Bird Shop, 8101 NE Parkway Drive, #C5
- Bird’s English Garden & Nursery, 1296 S. Dolan Road, Ridgefield
- Cascade Greenhouse, 6005 NE 139th St.
- Chapman’s Greenhouse and Nursery, 14002 NE 117th Ave.
- Shorty’s Garden & Home, 10006 SE Mill Plain Blvd. and 705 NE 199th St., Ridgefield
- Vintage Books, 6613 E. Mill Plain Blvd.
- Yard n' Garden Land, 1501 NE 102nd St.
- Hidden Gardens Nursery, 4345 NW 16th Ave., Camas
The annual tour is a great way to learn how to make your yard a beautiful, healthy place for pets and children while protecting waterways and wildlife. Methods include:
- Using native plants
- Growing your own food
- Water conservation techniques
- Attracting pollinators and other beneficial insects
- Designing alternatives to traditional lawns
The tour also offers an opportunity to chat with local residents who have learned how to maintain gardens without relying on fertilizers, herbicides and pesticides.
“This is a great opportunity to see firsthand the astonishing results gardeners can achieve without using chemicals that can harm people, pets and wildlife,” said Sally Fisher, Clark County Public Health environmental program coordinator.
For more information about the Natural Garden Tour and other environmentally conscious activities, visit www.clarkgreenneighbors.org.