The Needle Exchange is a one to one exchange for clean needles and offers supplies to people who use injection drugs to help reduce the spread of disease in the community.
The Needle Exchange allows people who use injection drugs to:
- Get needles and other supplies to reduce the spread of disease caused by reusing and sharing needles. Sharing needles and works can transmit HIV, Hepatitis B and C and other blood borne infections.
- Dispose of used needles safely and keep the community safe from potential exposure to used injection drug equipment.
- Receive health services such as Hepatitis C testing, immunizations, information, and referrals to other community agencies, including drug treatment.
- Hepatitis C testing - confidential (finger stick, rapid test results in 20 minutes)
- Hepatitis A and B vaccinations
- Emergency contraceptive pills – effective up to 72 hours after unprotected sex
- Overdose prevention training and Naloxone kit distribution
- Resources and referrals to other community agencies
Clark County Needle Exchange
3701 E. Fourth Plain Blvd., Vancouver, WA 98661
Map and directions
C-Tran Route 4, stops frequently
Phone - (360) 750-8610 or (360) 397-8086 during exchange
Hours - Monday and Wednesday - 3 to 6 pm
Friday - 2 to 5 pm