Parent-child Health Programs
Public Health offers many programs to support pregnant woman and help parents raise healthy children.
- Children with Special Health Care Needs
- Dental health
- Nurse-Family Partnership
Children with special health care needs - (360) 397-8440
Specialized staff are available to support families with children with special health care needs. A public health nurse care coordinator will:
- Screen children who are at risk for development delay.
- Refer you to local resources for early intervention services — physical, occupational and speech therapy, and pre-school.
- Assist with specific area of concerns, such as nutrition, feeding, growth, development and behaviors issues.
- Provide information about your child's medical condition.
- Provide referrals to parent support organizations.
- Help your family locate financial assistance to pay for your child's care.
All children who are at risk or have a health and/or developmental problems are eligible for care coordination regardless of income.
- Information on how to take care of your teeth and gums.
- Resource to low-cost or Medicaid local dentists.
- Services for Medicaid-eligible children ages 0-5 through the ABCD Program.
Resource Guide for Pregnant and Parenting Teens
Click on the above link for a list of community services for pregnant/parenting teens.
Nurse-Family Partnership - (360) 397-8440
The Nurse-Family Partnership program is a home visiting program for women who are having their first baby, are low income and are less than 28 weeks pregnant. A registered nurse will visit you in your home throughout pregnancy and continue to visit until your baby is 2 years old. Nurse-Family Partnership is FREE to all eligible women.
Maternity Support Services and Infant Case Management programs are offered to our Nurse Family Partnership clientele or through other participating agencies in the community such as SeaMar and Vancouver School District.
Text4Baby - text BABY to 511411 to get FREE messages on your cell phone to help you through your pregnancy and your baby's first year. (A free service of the National Healthy Mothers, Healthy Babies Coalition) Text4baby.org
Utiliza Text4baby…Envía BEBE al 511411 para recibir mensajes GRATIS en tu teléfono que te dara información durante tu embarazo y el primer año de tu bebé. (Un servicio gratuito del National Healthy Mothers, Healthy Babies Coalition) Text4baby.org