Playground plan review
The School Health and Safety Program reviews playground plans for all K-12 public, private and parochial schools to ensure playground safety and to confirm proper installation prior to being open to the public.
Please email the School Health and Safety program staff for questions about the application and review process.
Environmental health fees
How to submit for review
Prior to submitting for a plan review, please email the School Health and Safety program staff to confirm submission requirements. Note that incomplete packets may be returned. Application and supporting documents can be submitted:
- Electronically: Application and supporting documents can be submitted electronically with prior approval. Email us for more information.
- In person: Application, supporting documents and payment can be submitted in person at the Center for Community Health located on the 3rd floor of building 17 at 1601 E Fourth Plain Blvd Vancouver, WA 98666.
- By mail: Application, supporting documents and payment can be submitted by mail at PO Box 9825 Vancouver, WA 98666.
- Washington Administrative Code 246-366: PRIMARY AND SECONDARY SCHOOLS
- Health and Safety Guide for K-12 Schools in Washington
- Washington Department of Health: School Environmental Health
- Center for Disease Control - Playground Safety
- Consumer Product Safety Commission - Public Playground Safety Handbook
- National Program for Playground Safety