School portable placement projects
The School Health and Safety Program portable plan review covers new or relocated portable classroom buildings that students will occupy for all K-12 public, private and parochial schools to ensure minimum environmental health standards are met. The review considers a school’s proposed classroom use and determines appropriate environmental health and safety measures. The number of fees assessed will be based on the number of unique plans submitted for review. There is a separate fee for the occupancy inspection(s) for each location associated with the project.
Please email the School Health and Safety program staff for questions about the application and review process.
Environmental health fees
How to submit for review
Prior to submitting for a plan review, please email the School Health and Safety program staff to confirm submission requirements. Note that incomplete packets may be returned. Application and supporting documents can be submitted:
- Electronically: Application and supporting documents can be submitted electronically with prior approval. Email us for more information.
- In person: Application, supporting documents and payment can be submitted in person at the Center for Community Health located on the 3rd floor of building 17 at 1601 E Fourth Plain Blvd Vancouver, WA 98666.
- By mail: Application, supporting documents and payment can be submitted by mail at PO Box 9825 Vancouver, WA 98666.
- Washington Administrative Code 246-366: PRIMARY AND SECONDARY SCHOOLS
- Health and Safety Guide for K-12 Schools in Washington
- Washington Department of Health: School Environmental Health