The School Health and Safety Program site review will assess risks associated with sound levels, neighboring businesses and surrounding areas, and determine potential environmental contaminants based on previous land use and existing buildings. This step is required for an existing site and/or structure planned for a new K-12 public, private or parochial school that has not been previously utilized or designed for a school.
Environmental health fees
How to submit for review
Prior to submitting for a site review, please email the School Health and Safety program staff to confirm submission requirements. Note that incomplete packets may be returned. Application and supporting documents can be submitted:
- Electronically: Application and supporting documents can be submitted electronically with prior approval. Email us for more information.
- In person: Application, supporting documents and payment can be submitted in person at the Center for Community Health located on the 3rd floor of building 17 at 1601 E Fourth Plain Blvd Vancouver, WA 98666.
- By mail: Application, supporting documents and payment can be submitted by mail at PO Box 9825 Vancouver, WA 98666.
The length of time for a review is dependent on the completeness of the application packet and prompt responses from the applicant(s).
- Washington Administrative Code 246-366: PRIMARY AND SECONDARY SCHOOLS
- Health and Safety Guide for K-12 Schools in Washington
- Washington Department of Health: School Environmental Health
- EPA Healthy School Environments
- EPA School Siting Guidelines