The Syringe Exchange is a one to one exchange for clean needles and offers supplies to people who use injection drugs to help reduce the spread of disease in the community.
The Syringe Exchange allows people who use injection drugs to:
- Get syringes and other supplies to reduce the spread of disease caused by reusing and sharing syringes. Sharing syringes and works can transmit HIV, Hepatitis B and C and other blood borne infections.
- Dispose of used syringes safely and keep the community safe from potential exposure to used injection drug equipment.
- Receive health services such as Hepatitis C testing, immunizations, information, and referrals to other community agencies, including drug treatment.
- Hepatitis C testing - confidential (finger stick, rapid test results in 20 minutes)
- HIV testing - confidential (finger stick, rapid test, results in less than 5 minutes)
- Safer sex supplies
- Overdose prevention training and Naloxone kit distribution
- Health insurance and PrEP navigation (Mondays only)
- Resources and referrals to other community agencies
Clark County Syringe Exchange
3701 E. Fourth Plain Blvd., Vancouver, WA 98661
Map and directions
C-Tran Vine Schedules
Phone - (360) 750-8610 (during exchange) or (360) 397-8086 (for info)
Hours - Monday and Wednesday - 3 to 6 pm
Friday - 2 to 5 pm