Chelatchie Prairie Rail with Trail Project Maps and Reports
These files are PDFs and require Acrobat Reader version 6.0 or above. Download times may vary with file size and connection speeds.
Initial trail construction
Construction on the 1-mile section started in May 2011 and was completed in December 2011. The first section of trail runs from the entrance road inside Battle Ground Lake State Park southwest along the railroad tracks to Washington State Department of Natural Resources Land.
Approved corridor study
On July 8, 2008 the Board of Clark County Commissioners approved the Chelatchie Prairie Railroad Rail with Trail Corridor Study. The study defines the overall goals, guidelines, and approach for developing a regional, multi-modal rail/trail system along the corridor. The study considers 33 miles of possible rail/trail and includes elements for walking, biking, horse back riding, and rail excursion trips.
- Chelatchie Prairie Rail with Trail Corridor Study Approved Document (PDF) (3 MB)
- Chelatchie Prairie Rail with Trail Corridor Study Approved Appendix (PDF) (1 MB)
Draft corridor study
The draft Chelatchie Prairie Rail with Trail Corridor Study document expands upon the recommended alignment maps that were presented at the February 26, 2008 open house. The draft plan includes discussion on the rail trail location and history, purpose, background and approach, phases of the study, visions and goals and context. Additionally there are recommendations for uses and alignment, implementation, and design guidelines.
- Chelatchie Prairie Rail with Trail Corridor Study Document (PDF) (5 MB)
- Chelatchie Prairie Rail with Trail Corridor Study Appendix (PDF) (4 MB)
State Environmental Policy Act Determination of Non Significance
A determination of non significance has been issued for the Chelatchie Prairie Rail with Trail Corridor Study. This is a non-project (planning) determination. Comments were received through July 5, 2008.
- Standard cross-sections (PDF) (1 MB)
- Recommended alignment (PDF) (4 MB)
- Phase 1 options (PDF) (2 MB)
- Alternatives Atlas Part 1 - 10/5/2007 (PDF) (3 MB)
- Alternatives Atlas Part 2 - 10/5/2007 (PDF) (4 MB)
- Context Map, Burnt Bridge Creek to Chelatchie Prairie (PDF) (1 MB)
- Clark County (PDF) (2 MB)
Cultural resources, connectivity opportunities
- Maps 1-7 (Burnt Bridge Creek to Battle Ground Lake State Park) (PDF)
- Maps 8-14 (Lucia Falls Regional Park to End-of-the-line) (PDF)
Natural resources and constraints
- Maps 1-5 (Burnt Bridge Creek to Brush Prairie) (PDF) (1 MB)
- Maps 6-10, (Battle Ground to Lucia Falls Regional Park) (PDF) (1 MB)
- Maps 11-14, (Yacolt to End-of-the-line) (PDF) (1 MB)