Chelatchie Prairie Railroad
The Chelatchie Prairie Railroad is a 33-mile short line located in Clark County, Washington. It is southwest Washington's only operating short line, with connections to the BNSF Railway. The line is owned by Clark County and operated by the Portland Vancouver Junction Railroad Co.
Why the Chelatchie Prairie Railroad is ideal for business
- Strategic location with proximity and connections to the Pacific Rim and the global marketplace.
- More than 1,000 acres for heavy and light-industrial development, manufacturing, warehouse, research and business park uses.
- Access to Interstate 5, Interstate 205, SR 14, SR 500 and SR 503.
- Portland International Airport within 20 minutes travel.
- Reliable daily rail service.
Prices and services
Contact the Portland Vancouver Junction Railroad for information on prices, services and schedules.
Eric Temple, President
Portland Vancouver Junction Railroad
14205 S.E. 36th St. Suite 100
Bellevue, WA 98006
Office (425) 649-1104
Fax (425) 649-1199
Cell (206) 660-4731
Customer site development
Clark County's economic development team will help you find the right site for your business. We work closely with the Columbia River Economic Development Council and the Port of Vancouver to provide business focused, community based response. More information
If you don't need to site your business along the railroad, we can help identify transload opportunities. Contact our rail operator at Eric Temple, (425) 649-1104.
The Railroad Advisory Board meets the second Monday of each month at 4 p.m. in the sixth-floor training room at the Public Service Center, 1300 Franklin St.
Excursion train operator
On the line north of Heisson, the Battle Ground, Yacolt, and Chelatchie Prairie Railroad Association, a volunteer group, is operating a passenger excursion program originating in Yacolt.