County, city to hold open house for Northeast 68th Street sidewalk project
Vancouver, Wash. – Clark County and the City of Vancouver invite residents to attend an open house on the Northeast 68th Street sidewalk project. The county and city are partnering on the project which is meant to fill in gaps between existing segments of sidewalks on the south side of the road.
The open house will be from 4:30 – 7 pm Tuesday, June 4, in the cafeteria/common room at Hazel Dell Elementary School, 511 NE Anderson St.
The county and city scheduled the open house so stakeholders can meet with project managers, designer and traffic engineers, ask questions, and offer comments. Maps of the proposed plan will be available.
Northeast 68th Street between Highway 99 and Northeast St. Johns Road serves a densely populated
residential neighborhood with an average daily traffic of 3,288 vehicles. It has limited segments of sidewalks.
The proposed improvements include:
- Fill in segments of missing sidewalk for approximately 5,500 feet along the road
- Addition of 4 crosswalks from the south side to the north side
- Northeast 14th Avenue, Northeast 17th Avenue, Hazel Dell Community Park entrance, and Northeast 28th Avenue
- New street lighting at each crosswalk
- Warning signs for pedestrian crossing (at crosswalks)
- Possible rapid flashing beacon at the Northeast 14th Avenue crossing location