County to hold open house on Northeast 99th Street improvements June 26
Vancouver, Wash. – Clark County Public Works invites residents to attend an open house to discuss proposed improvements on Northeast 99th Street between Northeast 94th Avenue and Northeast 117th Avenue/State Route 503.
The open house will be from 4:30 to 7 pm Wednesday, June 26, in the commons area of building 200 at Prairie High School, 11311 NE 119th St.
Clark County scheduled the open house early in the process, so stakeholders can meet with county staff to ask questions and offer comments. Maps of the proposed plan will be available.
The proposed changes are intended to improve cross circulation in the area. They include:
- Roundabouts at the intersections of Northeast 94th Avenue/Northeast 99th Street and Northeast 107th Avenue/Northeast 99th Street
- Sidewalks, bike lanes and/or mixed use paths on both sides of Northeast 99th Street
- A travel lane in each direction
- Center turn lane in specific locations
- New street lighting at roundabouts
Funding for the estimated $17 million construction cost will come from a variety of sources including federal and state grants, traffic impact fees, the county road fund and Real Estate Excise Tax.