Ongoing Volunteer Opportunities
Get outdoors, make new friends and gain new awareness of local ecosystems and wildlife habitats by volunteering at parks, trails or green spaces.
Clark County Public Works has a variety of volunteer opportunities to fit virtually anyone's interests or schedule.
Volunteer opportunities include:
- Adopt-A-Park: Show some love for a favorite neighborhood, community or regional park or open space.
- Adopt-A-Road: Make our community better by removing litter and sprucing up roadsides.
- Trail maintenance: Maintain trails, such as at Whipple Creek Regional Park.
- General park maintenance: Pull weeds, spread mulch and take care of a park.
- Garden maintenance: Tend to beautiful flowers, community orchards and other areas.
- Invasive plant removal: Help remove invasive plants from our parks, trails and green spaces.
- Litter removal: Help keep our parks, beaches and trails clean.
- Leaf cleanup (fall): Help remove leaves from our parks.
- Photography: Take photos of parks, trails, natural areas, rivers and sports fields for use in promotional materials and on the county's website.
- Annual trail user counts: Count trail users throughout Clark County in September.
- Park host: Camp for free at one of our parks in exchange for park maintenance and guest assistance.