Clark County Public Works welcomes volunteers to photograph parks, trails, open spaces, events and services. Photos provided by volunteers may be used on webpages and in other electronic and print communications, such as brochures and newsletters.
Duties and responsibilities
Volunteers will photograph activities, events and general scenery in Clark County parks and on trails.
Clark County particularly needs photos of weekend volunteer events and photos of people using parks.
Photographers who take images with people’s faces will need to have those people sign release forms, which will be provided by the Volunteer Program Coordinator.
Photographers also will need to document each photo submitted to the county with a description that includes the date and location.
Photographers will track and regularly submit their volunteer hours to the Volunteer Program Coordinator.
- Knowledge and interest in photography and experience as a photographer, either as a professional or hobbyist.
- Willingness to provide a sampling of four to 10 photos before being accepted as a volunteer photographer.
- Ability to provide a digital camera and other equipment and to work independently to take high-quality photos.
- Excellent communication skills and experience working with the public.
- Ability to download photos to a flash drive (provided by the county) or to email photos.
- Willingness to take photos outdoors in a variety of weather, including heat, cold and rain.
- Ability to communicate with the public in a professional manner that reflects positively on Clark County.
- Willingness to wear closed-toe shoes while working.
Various parks, trails and open spaces.
Flexible dates and times that work best for volunteer photographers.
Some knowledge and experience in photography.
Volunteer photographers must be 16 or older.
Volunteer application and background check
Both are required.
This is great opportunity to get outside, reconnect with nature, enhance your photography skills, and build your portfolio.
Volunteer Program Coordinator
Clark County Public Works