Short section of Northeast 99th Street, east of SR 503, to close Monday
Closure to last approximately two months as part of project to improve intersection north of Orchards
Vancouver, Wash. – Construction will begin Monday, April 17, to widen and improve a portion of Northeast 99th Street.
The project will require closing Northeast 99th Street, from Northeast 117th Avenue/SR 503 to Northeast 118th Avenue, for approximately two months.
Detour signs will guide drivers around the closure, with most traffic using Northeast 95th Street and Northeast 126th Avenue. A detour map is posted on the project’s website, www.clark.wa.gov/public-works/ne-99th-street-sr-503-intersection.
Construction will require C-TRAN to temporarily reroute its No. 72 Orchards bus line. Clark County has coordinated with the Battle Ground and Evergreen school districts and distributed information to residences and businesses in the area.
Construction also will require closing a short section of Northeast 99th Street, west of SR 503, for about two weeks, beginning Monday, April 24. Residents should use alternate routes during this closure.
For this project, Clark County awarded a $2.34 million construction contract to Nutter Corp. of Vancouver, which submitted the lowest of seven bids.
The project will:
- Widen Northeast 99th Street and add right- and left-turn lanes on both sides of the intersection.
- Add bicycle lanes and sidewalks, with disabled-accessible curb ramps, on Northeast 99th Street.
- Widen SR 503 southbound, north of Northeast 99th Street, to add a right-turn lane.
- Install a new traffic signal.
- Build drainage and landscaping improvements.
- Install sanitary sewer and water lines.
Construction on the overall project is scheduled to wrap up in fall 2017.
360.397.6118 ext. 4946