Location: Clark County Courthouse
1200 Franklin Street, Vancouver, WA (1st floor of Courthouse)
Hours: 8:00 a.m. to 12:00 noon and 1:00 p.m. to 4:30 p.m.
The Facilitator is available for In-person assistance only, no telephone calls are accepted.
Scheduled Appointments are not available at this time.
The Family Law Facilitator Program at Clark County was established to provide assistance to citizens who choose to or who cannot afford an attorney to represent them in matters dealing with:
Our services are neutral, we DO NOT provide referrals, our services are NOT confidential and we are NOT responsible for the outcome of your case.
The Facilitator CANNOT:
- Provide legal advice
- Fill out your paperwork or tell you how to fill them out
- Assist people who are represented by an attorney
Information the Facilitator CAN provide:
- Information on how to start certain family law actions
- What mandatory forms are available and where to get them
- Provide information on court rules, procedures and case schedules
- Review completed forms for procedural correctness (necessary blanks filled in and signed where required)
- Provide information on community resources
- Provide informational brochures and instructions sheets relating to domestic matters
A user fee of $20.00 must be paid in the Clerk’s Office before you can be seen.
The cashier accepts cash, cashier’s checks, money orders, or debit/credit cards.
Assistance is provided on a first come first serve basis
- Pay cashier
- Hold on to your receipt
- Take a number in the facilitators office
- Have a seat in the lobby and wait for your number to be displayed
Where can I find the forms?
- Clark County Clerk’s Office, Monday – Friday 8 am -4:30 pm (for a fee)
- Clark County Law Library, 1st floor courthouse. Hours 9-3 Monday – Friday
(3rd Monday of each month, closed at noon)
- Ft. Vancouver Regional Library, 901 C St., Vancouver, WA
Free download of forms:
- Washington Administrative Office of the Courts - www.courts.wa.gov/forms
- Northwest Justice Project - www.washingtonlawhelp.org - Forms & Instructions
What is the cost of the forms packets?
- Dissolution/Legal Separation w/ children - $50.00
- Dissolution/Legal Separation no children - $30.00
- Modification of Child Support - $30.00
- Modification of Parenting Plan - $30.00
- Relocation - $30.00
- Paternity Packets - $50.00
- 3rd Party/Non-Parental Custody - $50.00
- Writ of Habeas Corpus re Custody - $15.00
Please review our Facilitator Tip Sheet (PDF - 109KB)
|Certification - needed for finalization of dissolution per local court rule 11(a)|
|Change of Address Form|
|Citation - used to schedule court hearing|
|Contempt of Court Actions||Checklist|
|Domestic Partnership Rights||Information|
|Family Law Handbook||Handbook|
|Financial Declaration - required by court in some situations|
|Notice to Set For Trial - Family Law Courts|
|Ex Parte - Short Term Order||Checklist|
Other Agencies that Can be of Service in Family Law Matters:
|Northwest Justice Project/CLEAR
1-888-201-1014 Web site: www.nwjustice.org
Hours: Monday - Friday 9:30 a.m. - 12:30 p.m.
Local Office: 500 West 8th Street #275, Vancouver, WA
Intake Phone Calls:
Monday-Thursday 9:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m.
Phone: (360) 695-5313
|DSHS Division of Child Support|
800 NE 136th Ave, Suite 210
Vancouver WA 98684
|Clark County Prosecutor's Office - Child Support Division
800 Franklin Street #100
Phone: (360) 397-2265
|YWCA of Clark County
3609 Main Street
Phone: (360) 696-0167
Domestic Violence hotline - 24 hour Phone: (360) 695-0501
If you have further questions or need further assistance, please call the Clerk's Office at (360) 397-2292.