County seeks nominations for environmental achievement awards
Vancouver, WA – Clark County is honoring individuals, businesses and groups working to improve our environment.
Nominations for the first “Making Every Day Earth Day” awards are due by Friday, Feb. 8.
Award recipients will be honored for environmental accomplishments in 2012 during an April 12 event at the Heathman Lodge.
Projects and activities eligible for recognition include: restoring wildlife habitat and streams; increasing recycling and waste reduction; encouraging sustainability and green building; promoting conservation and energy efficiency; conducting public outreach and education; reducing polluted storm runoff.
Issues to address on nomination forms include whether:
• The project or activity made significant contributions to improve the environment.
• The project or activity met its goals and was based on best available science.
• The nominee demonstrated leadership, vision, creativity, innovation and foresight.
• The project or activity involved cooperation among multiple organizations.
• The project or activity promoted public awareness or education.
Nomination forms and more information are available on the county’s website at: www.clark.wa.gov/environment/EveryDayEarthDay.html. Nominations can be submitted by email Leslie.Johnson@clark.wa.gov or mail to Leslie Johnson, Clark County Environmental Services, P.O. Box 9810, Vancouver, WA 98660.
Environmental Services can provide nomination forms to people without Internet access. For more information, call (360) 397-2121 ext. 4352.
top of page