Clark County government is one of the county's largest employers, providing a wide range of challenging positions for about 1,570 people. The Human Resources department provides employee programs and benefits to ensure the county continues to be a good place to work. The department oversees a variety of functions and provides many employee services including:
- identifying and selecting qualified job candidates
- classifying jobs and determining compensation levels
- managing employee benefits programs
- managing labor relations and contract negotiations
- ensuring legal compliance to employment laws
- developing and administering performance management plans
- We serve as a strategic partner, striving to be the public employer of choice by attracting, supporting and empowering individuals.
- We provide guidance and services with integrity, collaboration and innovation to promote an inclusive culture of thriving employees.
- Integrity: We ensure all business conduct will promote fairness, respect, trust, caring and honesty.
- Professionalism: We maintain a work environment that leads by example, by striving for excellence, and provides conduct that is conducive of exemplary behaviors.
- Strategic: We analyse the past, address present needs and embrace solutions that plans for the future.
- Collaboration: We work together to continually encourage, embrace and respect inclusion and diversity of ideas, backgrounds and experiences.
- Innovation: We strive to be the best by encouraging creativity and continuous improvement on a professional and organizational level.
Requests for public records
To request public records involving Human Resources, contact (360) 397-2456 or https://www.clark.wa.gov/councilors/public-records.