Licensed pets have benefits
- They are more likely to quickly be reunited with their owners.
- They receive longer care periods at shelters.
- They are transferred to an emergency medical care facility if found with an injury.
Licensing fees support:
- Spay/neuter programs.
- Officer response to neighborhood complaints.
- Officer response to problem wildlife and livestock.
Licenses are required for all cats, dogs and wild or exotic pets older than eight weeks.
Applications and forms
- Online pet license application for all pets
Note: Online payments incur a convenience fee
- Pet license application form
- Pet license renewal form
- Spay/neuter affidavit
- Wild animal license application
Mail your completed form along with a check to:
Clark County Animal Control
PO Box 9810
Vancouver WA 98666-9810
Fees are required for pets older than six months. They are valid for 12 months.
Fertile - $40
Altered - $20
Fertile - $50
Altered - $25
- Wild animal - $100
Low-income assistance - Pet license fee assistance is available for households that have limited incomes and are located in unincorporated Clark County or the city of Vancouver. Only one dog and one cat per household may qualify. Pets must be spayed or neutered.
Senior discount - Individuals older than 65 receive 50 percent off license fees for one spayed or neutered dog and cat per household.
Fines - The fine for having an unlicensed dog or cat in unincorporated Clark County and the cities of Vancouver and Yacolt is $100 per animal. If an owner who receives a citation licenses the animal within 10 business days, the fine will be reduced by half. A second fine will cost $200 and a third will cost $400. Failure to pay a fine could create a lien against the owner’s property.
Where to purchase a license
Licensing agents may charge a fee of up to $5 per license.
- Designer Dog Grooming, 317 NW Bassel Road, Vancouver, (360) 546-2168
- Highway 99 Auto License, 13011 NE HWY 99, Vancouver, (360) 573-6226
- Salmon Creek Veterinary Clinic, 12709 NE HWY 99, Vancouver, (360) 574-0833
- Eastside Auto License, 2011 SE 192nd Avenue, Camas, (360) 833-1717
- Humane Society for SW Washington, 1100 NE 192nd Avenue, Vancouver, (360) 693-4746
- East Padden Animal Hospital, 8611 NE Ward Road, #115, Vancouver, (360) 859-9534
- Montage Kennels, 10200 NE 72nd Avenue, Vancouver, (360) 573-7691
- Orchards Auto License, 11820 NE Fourth Plain Blvd. #D, Vancouver, (360) 254-6226
- St. Francis Emergency Veterinary Clinic, 12010 NE 65th Street, Vancouver, (360) 253-5446
- Community Development Permit Center, 1300 Franklin St., first floor, Vancouver (360) 397-2489
- Vancouver Veterinary Hospital, 1616 St. Johns Blvd., Vancouver, (360) 696-2529
- Yacolt Town Hall, 202 W. Cushman St., Yacolt, (360) 686-3922