Veterans Assistance Fund
|Clark County Veteran Resource Guide (PDF)|
Call 1.800.273.TALK if you or someone you know is in an emotional crisis. Press 1 for Veterans.
Call 1.877.424.3838 for the Homeless Veteran hotline.
Starting September 2013
Veterans Community Resource and Referral Center (CRRC)
Location: Vancouver VA Medical Center, Building 18
When: Monday 8:00 a.m. - 3:00 p.m. and Thursday 10:00 a.m. - 3:00 p.m.
The Veterans Assistance Fund may provide the following emergency relief to qualified veterans (persons who have served in the military):
- Heating and utilities
- Food assistance
- Prescription coverage
- Burial assistance
- Clothing and tools
- Emergency dental care
- Referral services
To receive assistance, veterans must meet the following requirements:
- DD214 Veterans Honorable or General under Honorable Conditions Discharge.
- Washington state resident for at least 12 consecutive months immediately prior to application.
- Clark County resident at time of application.
- Annual income after taxes within 200 percent of poverty guidelines.
Applications and the policies for assistance are available below. Please review the policies when completing an application. Applications and associated back up information should be submitted between 9 am and 4 pm Monday through Friday at the:
Veterans Assistance Center
1305 Columbia Street, Suite 100
Vancouver, WA 98660
- Application for Financial Assistance (PDF)
- Policies and Procedures for the Administration of the Veterans Assistance Fund (PDF)
The Veterans Advisory Board is responsible for hearing any appeal or dispute of a Veterans Service Officer’s decision. Any appeals or disputes should be made using the Appeal Form within 15 business days of the decision.
Veteran Appeal Form (PDF)