Veterans Assistance Fund
|Clark County Veteran Resource Guide (PDF)|
Call 1-800-273-TALK if you or someone you know is in an emotional crisis. Press 1 for Veterans.
Call 1-877-424-3838 for the Homeless Veteran hotline.
Starting September 2013
Veterans Community Resource and Referral Center (CRRC)
Location: Vancouver VA Medical Center, Building 18
When: Monday 8:00 a.m. - 3:00 p.m. and Thursday 10:00 a.m. - 3:00 p.m.
The Veterans Assistance Fund may provide the following emergency relief to qualified veterans (persons who have served in the military):
- Heating and utilities
- Food assistance
- Prescription coverage
- Burial assistance
- Clothing and tools
- Emergency dental care
- Referral services
To receive assistance, veterans must meet the following requirements:
- DD214 Veterans Honorable Discharge.
- Washington state resident for at least 12 consecutive months immediately prior to application.
- Clark County resident at time of application.
- Annual income after taxes within 150 percent of poverty guidelines.
2016 HHS 150% of poverty guidelines for Clark County
|Persons in family||Monthly||Annual|
Applications and the policies for assistance are available below. Please review the policies when completing an application. Applications and associated back up information should be submitted between 9 am and 4 pm Monday through Friday at the:
Veterans Assistance Center
1305 Columbia Street, Suite 100
Vancouver, WA 98660
Phone: (360) 693-7030
Fax: (360) 693-7560
- Application for Financial Assistance (PDF)
- Policies and Procedures for the Administration of the Veterans Assistance Fund (PDF)
The Veterans Advisory Board is responsible for hearing any appeal or dispute of a Veterans Service Officer’s decision. Any appeals or disputes should be made using the Appeal Form within 15 business days of the decision.
Veteran Appeal Form (PDF)