Auto License Overview
The Department of Licensing is implementing a new computer system on December 12, 2016.
- December 9 - County office closed at 2 pm. Sub-agents closed at 4 pm.
- December 10 - All offices closed
- December 7 thru 11 - Online services unavailable
- December 12 - Normal business resumes
Wait times may be longer than normal while our staff is learning the new system. To avoid longer wait times, renew your tabs online by December 6 or in one of our offices by December 9.
Thank you for your patience and understanding!
The Clark County Auditor’s Office has been appointed as an agent of the Washington State Department of Licensing. Our office issues titles and registrations for a variety of motorized and non-motorized vehicles and vessels. We also collect taxes on behalf of the Washington State Department of Revenue on the purchase of vehicles and vessels.
Many transactions can now be completed online or you can visit one of the 10 licensing offices in Clark County. The Auditor’s Office and its Subagents DO NOT issue driver licenses. If you need information on driver licensing, please visit the Department of Licensing website.
I Want To...
Tips For Buying a Vehicle
- Buying a vehicle can be a major decision. Take time to read through these helpful tips and prepare yourself for what to expect.