Applications processed from
9 am to 4 pm Mon - Fri
except legal holidays
1300 Franklin Street
Vancouver, WA 98660
CONGRATULATIONS ON YOUR UPCOMING WEDDING!
On behalf of the Clark County Auditor’s Office, we would like to congratulate you on your upcoming marriage!
Here are a few important things you will need to know before you get started:
- At the time the marriage license is issued, there is a 3-day waiting period BEFORE you can get married
(Example: If we issue the license on Wednesday, you can get married the following Saturday)
- You have up to 60 days to get married after the 3-day waiting period is over
- The marriage license is only valid in Washington State
(it will not be valid if the ceremony takes place in any other state)
- Both parties must be present in our office by 4 pm to complete the application process (if either or both parties cannot be present, please see information regarding our notary packet option)
- Valid government-issued photo ID is required when you come in to apply
I Want To...
Application Fee - $68
- In office: cash, signed money order, cashier's check or debit/credit card
(convenience fee will apply 2.5% for credit, $2 for debit)
- By mail: signed money order or cashier's check
- Sorry, no personal checks are accepted
Marriages are Public Record
All marriage records are a matter of public record and once it has been recorded, it cannot be "unrecorded." (Exception: only for those enrolled in the State's Address Confidentiality program). The local newspaper generally publishes applicants’ name and city of residence.