CONGRATULATIONS ON YOUR UPCOMING WEDDING!
On behalf of the Clark County Auditor’s Office, we would like to congratulate you on your upcoming marriage!
Hours: Phone hours only 9 am to 4:30 pm, Monday through Friday
Marriage license applications will be processed using notary packets and must be submitted by mail only.
BEFORE APPLYING, PLEASE ANSWER THE FOLLOWING QUESTION:
Do you have a scheduled officiant and a firm date for the ceremony?
If not, please note that at this time the fee for marriage licenses are non-refundable and the licenses have a 60-day expiration date for the completion of the ceremony from the date of issuance and cannot be extended.
If yes, please follow the steps below:
Use this link to print the notary packet documents.
Complete the On-line Application
Submit the completed notary packet documents and payment by mail. The application MUST be notarized. Payment must be received.
Accepted payment types: check, money order, or cashier's check. DO NOT send cash.
Include a self-addressed stamped (2 stamps required) 9" x 12" envelope or pre-paid Priority Mail envelope for us to return the marriage license and certificate.
All marriage license applications will be processed the same day they are received and will be mailed out as soon as possible.
**Please note: The Clark County Courthouse has canceled marriage services through April 30, 2020.**
AFTER THE CEREMONY
To return completed Certificates of Marriage:
Use the envelope provided in the packet or mail to the following address:
Clark County Auditor's
Marriage License Department
PO Box 5000
Vancouver WA 98666-5000
If you need certified copies of your certificate, complete the request form and provide payment (check, cashier's check, or money order) and mail in request.
If you need certified copies immediately, please call the Recording Office at 564-397-2208 to make arrangements.
The Joint Lobby is closed to public traffic as of March 16, 2020 until further notice.
Here are a few important things you will need to know before you get started:
- At the time the marriage license is issued, there is a 3-day waiting period BEFORE you can get married
(Example: If we issue the license on Wednesday, you can get married the following Saturday)
- You have up to 60 days to get married after the 3-day waiting period is over
- The marriage license is only valid in Washington State
(it will not be valid if the ceremony takes place in any other state)
- Both parties must be present in our office by 4 pm to complete the application process (if either or both parties cannot be present, please see information regarding our notary packet option)
- Valid government-issued photo ID is required when you come in to apply
- Both parties will be required to provide their Social Security Numbers at time of payment.
I Want To...
Apply for My Marriage License by Mail (Notary Packet)
Application Fee - $72
- In office: cash, signed money order, cashier's check or debit/credit card
(convenience fee will apply 2.5% for credit, $2 for debit)
- By mail: signed money order or cashier's check
- Sorry, no personal checks are accepted
Marriages are Public Record
All marriage records are a matter of public record and once it has been recorded, it cannot be "unrecorded." (Exception: only for those enrolled in the State's Address Confidentiality program). The local newspaper generally publishes applicants’ name and city of residence.