The Clark County Sheriff's Office K-9 units are a great provider of police service and are utilized in many activities and operations. Some responsibilities include:
- Responding to in-progress or recent calls that may require searching or tracking
- Supporting officers by providing a psychological deterrent to violence
- Searching and tracking an area for possible suspects, and apprehending suspects in flight
- Searching a crime scene for possible evidence
- Conducting searches for lost or missing persons
- Participating in public relations and demonstrations for public awareness
- Conducting narcotics searches in the jail and during narcotic investigations
Active CCSO K9 Units
Ringo is a German Shepherd from the Czech Republic and is
handled by Deputy Seth Brannan.
Jango is a German Shepherd from the Czech Republic and is
handled by Deputy Sean Boyle.