Jury trials are a cornerstone of the justice system, critical for fair hearings, and a key constitutional guarantee for all. Jury service is a vitally important civic duty.
ATTENTION: Clark County Courts jury trials will resume July 6, 2020.
If you were summoned for jury duty for a date prior to July 3, 2020, do not report for jury service during this timeframe. You have been excused from jury duty.
Jury COVID-19 Response
Clark County Courts are committed to protecting the health and safety of jurors, attorneys, staff and all other court users. In line with CDC, Public Health and Labor & Industry guidelines, they have developed the following protocols designed to protect the health and safety of jurors. These protocols include:
• requiring face masks for all who enter a court facility;
• providing face masks for all jurors;
• reconfiguring jury assembly rooms, courtrooms and lobbies to allow for social distancing;
• contracting with an alternative reporting location (Clark County Fairgrounds Exhibition Hall) configured to allow for greater social distancing and minimizing the number of jurors reporting to the one location;
• calling at staggered time intervals to reduce the number of jurors reporting at the same time;
• ensuring sanitizing stations are readily available; and
• implementing heightened cleaning protocols that include sanitation of jury reporting locations between groups, and common and high-traffic areas of the Courthouse.
Jurors should NOT report if they are feeling ill, experiencing symptoms of COVID-19, or have been recent exposed to COVID-19.
Jurors experiencing illness or under quarantine are required to contact Jury Administration at 564-397-2049 or firstname.lastname@example.org to reschedule their jury service. If a juror reports for duty and is ill, Jury Management staff will collect the badge number, send the juror home, and reschedule the juror for a later date.
The Office of the Superior Court Administrator is responsible for calling citizens for jury duty. The Jury Coordinator runs a computer program that selects prospective jurors from lists of voter registrations, driver registrations and Washington State identification cards for residents of Clark County.
Jury Administration: (564) 397-2049 or email@example.com
Jury Information: (564) 397-2400