CD and TRANSCRIPT REQUESTS
Superior Court is a court of record. Most proceedings are electronically recorded.
Copies of the proceedings are provided on CDs/DVDs playable on a computer. Each CD costs $25. The number of CDs required is dependent upon the length of the proceeding.
To Purchase a Copy of the Record
1. Complete the form provided on this link.
- When requesting a copy of the record, you will need the hearing date(s), the name of the case, the case number and name of the judicial officer who heard the matter.
2. Complete the Point & Pay online payment process. Click here to pay online.
- Select the Superior Court CD payment type from the drop down menu. Fill in the case number and the amount, $25.00.
3. Email request form and proof of payment to CD Requests.
- Proof of payment must be provided prior to completion of CD request.
If the record must be transcribed, you must hire a transcriptionist. Pursuant to GR 35, official court transcripts may be completed and filed only by a certified court reporter who meets the standards outlined in RCW 18.145.080 or by an authorized transcriptionist who has been approved by the court to prepare an official verbatim report of proceedings of an electronically recorded court proceeding.
GR 35 only applies to the preparation of transcripts of court proceedings. It does not apply to transcriptions of interviews, statements or other out-of-court proceedings.
List of Transcriptionists. This is a list of transcriptionists who have been approved by the court to prepare verbatim reports of proceedings pursuant to GR 35 and RAP 9.2.
List of Certified Court Reporters. This is a partial list of certified Washington court reporters.