Clark County District Court Probation
The Probation Department operates under the direction of the Clark County District Court to provide court-ordered supervision, investigations, and classes. In partnership with government and community agencies, the Department promotes community safety through the use of evidence-based practices and appropriate interventions while working with offenders to encourage prosocial behavior and reduce recidivism.
Research –based tools/methods include:
- Pre-trial risk assessment and investigation
- Post-conviction risk/needs assessments targeting higher risk offenders and behaviors that result in criminal behavior
- Gender-responsive supervision
- Motivational Interviewing
- Cognitive-behavioral classes
- Supervision in District Court’s therapeutic, problem-solving courts
- Pre-Trial Release and Supervision-Staff investigate arrested individuals and provide information to the Courts for a determination on release and financial eligibility for the appointment of counsel.Staff supervise defendants who are released by District and Superior Courts pending adjudication.
- Supervised Probation-Participants are required to report in-person regularly to their assigned probation officer and comply with all court-ordered conditions.
- Bench Probation and Deferred Prosecution-Participants must comply with all court-ordered conditions but are not required to report in-person regularly.
- Restitution-Staff investigate and establish damages and/or loss of property for victims of crime.
- Classes-Staff instruct/facilitate evidence-based classes.
Offenders may be court-ordered to pay a fee for probation services.
Corrections’ staff may provide limited information to the public about individuals on supervision.
- Name of offender
- Name of probation officer
- Standard conditions of probation
Corrections’ staff may NOT provide information about an individual’s compliance on supervision or in treatment.
Requests for public records:
To request public records involving Probation, visit the following page:
"Committed to Excellence For Those We Serve"