County seeks volunteers for Historic Preservation Commission
Vancouver, Wash. – The Clark County Council is seeking applicants for two seats on the Clark County Historic Preservation Commission.
The seven-member commission is responsible for:
- Reviewing nominations to the National Register of Historic Places
- Reviewing nominations and designating properties to the Clark County Heritage Register
- Conducting design review for changes to buildings and sites on the local register
- Reviewing and deciding applications for the Special Valuation Tax Incentive for historic properties
- Overseeing education and outreach
Terms are for three years and begin July 1, 2019.
The commission typically meets at 6 pm the first Wednesday of each month at the Public Service Center, 1300 Franklin St.
Applicants should have interest, experience or knowledge in history; historic preservation, rehabilitation or restoration; architecture or related disciplines such as planning, American studies or cultural anthropology, archaeology or geography.
To apply, submit a letter of interest and résumé to Alyssa Weyhrauch, County Manager's Office, PO Box 5000, Vancouver, WA 98666-5000 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Application deadline is 5 pm Friday, March 1, 2019.
For more information about the commission and the Historic Preservation program, please visit www.clark.wa.gov/planning/historic.