Homelessness Housing and Assistance Act
All Clark County housing programs for people who are homeless or at-risk of homelessness are accessible through the Housing Solutions Center at 360-695-9677.
Additional resources can be found in the Clark County Resource Guide.
General resource information is available by dialing 2-1-1 or online at 211info.org.
- An estimated $12 million/year is provided for housing and services for homeless persons statewide.
- County (and optionally city) governments are responsible for developing ten-year plans to address homelessness. Plans must be approved by local government legislative authorities by December 31, 2005. Progress toward meeting the goals of the local plan must be assessed annually, including progress toward meeting performance measures established by the Department of Commerce.
- The State must develop a ten-year plan to address homelessness, and report the results annually.
- Both state and local plans must minimally aim to reduce homelessness by 50 percent in ten years (2015).
- A census of homeless persons must be done annually.