New construction activities involve the review and approval of land use and commercial building applications.
Fire marshals also review and inspect:
- Above and below ground flammable liquid tanks
- Propane tank installations
- Automatic Fire Sprinkler Systems
- Automatic Fire Alarm systems
- Storage, Use and Handling of Hazardous Materials
- Repair garages, paint booths and other hazardous equipment installations
- Processes such as semi-conductor manufacturing that involves hazardous materials
Staff reviews and approves submitted plans and conducts onsite inspections to assure that buildings are constructed in accordance with current fire and life safety code requirements.
All inspections require one working day prior notice. (For example, submit the request on Monday for a Tuesday inspection.)
For permits dated 1999 or newer, you can see the current status by entering the permit number. Actions by staff during permit processing will also appear.
Fees have been established for the various fire marshal reviews and inspections. Fees are reviewed and updated annually.
Application, plans, and general plan review fee must be submitted to the Permit Center in the Public Service Center, 1300 Franklin St., Vancouver, WA 98660.
The balance of review, inspection, and issuance fees are due at the time of permit issuance.