Staff are reviewing residential plans for permits submitted on 1/20/20.
You can register, apply for, in most cases pay, and track permits online via the public portal from the comfort of your office or home!
- Land Use Review
- Development Engineering
- Public Works Forestry
- Public Works Development Inspection
Be sure to visit the CC LMS Training page where you will learn how to create an account, estimate fees, apply for a permit, or sign up for training.
Check back with us frequently as we announce new features, releases, and planned maintenance on our systems.
Key points to remember:
- Anyone with an online account can apply for a permit
- Complete this simple registration to create an account
- Refer to the Tidemark to LMS Crosswalk to determine the new permit type
- View or download a How-To Guide
- Quick Permits: Apply and pay online, print from your browser
* A standard convenience fee will apply to online payments
Apply in person
Online applications for permits are preferred. Before visiting the Permit Center, please register for your online account and fill in as much information about your permit as possible. Check out our CC LMS page for Login, Training, and FAQs.
Only one application may be submitted at a time.
Customers are encouraged to make appointments with staff to ensure faster service. Make an appointment by phone 564.397.4807 or email email@example.com.
Check current wait times prior to your visit. Wait times are longer between 11 am and 1 pm.
The Permit Center will not accept checks in excess of the amount due at submittal. Additionally, the Permit Center has a no-refund policy for amounts less than $200 that will be followed more rigorously.
With the recent release of all building and fire permits online, Clark County has noticed an uptick in customers coming to the Permit Center with checks written for the wrong amounts. There are three reasons for errors:
- Using the Fee Estimate report as the basis for determining fees
- Entering incorrect information during the application process
- Writing checks for the entire fees due when only application fees are due at submittal
This presents significant challenges for staff, presents customers with an extended refund wait time (six weeks minimum), and is very expensive for the county to process.
We encourage customers to pay online at time of submittal or complete their check once the application has been processed.
We are no longer accepting applications for LEAN processing.
Customer Experience Survey
Please take this brief survey about your visit to the Permit Center. We appreciate your feedback.
|Public Service Center
1300 Franklin Street, first floor
Vancouver WA 98660
Monday through Friday
|Animals and pets||Information||Applications|
|- Residential construction||Information||Applications|
|- Commercial construction||Information||Applications|
|Over-legal and house moves||Information||Applications|