Tents and events
Temporary stands and tents at fairs, shows, festivals, and other gatherings must have a permit and be inspected by the Clark County Fire Marshal’s Office for fire and life safety requirements.
Temporary activities that require a permit
- Any gathering of people for civic, social or religious functions, recreation, food or drink consumption, or awaiting transportation
- Tents over 400 square feet
- Carnivals and fairs
- Exhibits and trade shows
- Activities involving open flame devices
Review and inspection process
- Submit your application and detailed site plan at least 10 days prior to the event at the Permit Center, 1300 Franklin St., first floor, Vancouver or Fire Marshal’s Office at 505 NW 179th Street, Ridgefield.
- Staff will review your submittal and may establish conditions associated with your event.
- Staff will contact you when the approved plan is ready to pick up. The approved plan may then be picked up at the Permit Center, 1300 Franklin St., first floor, Vancouver.
- Complete all set up of the stand, tent or other item. All setup must be completed prior to an inspection.
- Request an inspection online or contact the Fire Marshal’s Office during office hours at (360) 397-2186.
- Final permit approval is given after the setup has passed inspection. Your permit must be kept on-site during the event.