Fairgrounds Community Park
Approximately 30 acres of this 88-acre property was developed in 2009 as part of the Greater Clark Parks District program.
- 10 pieces of play equipment
- 1 basketball half court
- 2 picnic shelters with electricity but no water
- 14 picnic tables
- 4 restrooms
- 2 drinking fountains
- 0.5 miles of concrete path
- 0.55 miles of asphalt path
- 53 parking spaces, plus four disabled parking stalls
Beginning March 1, 2017, the park's two picnic shelters can be reserved.
The park's east shelter, which seats up to 50 people, can be reserved for a $75 daily fee. The park's west shelter, which seats up to 25 people, can be reserved for a $50 daily fee.
The picnic shelters can be reserved up to 365 days in advance for events taking place May 1 through September 30. The shelters must be reserved at least seven days in advance.
Shelters that have not been reserved are available for free on a first-come, first-served basis. All shelters are available on a first-come, first-served basis at no charge, Oct. 1 through April 30.
7 a.m. to dusk
The approved long-term master plan (PDF) for this park project was developed in 2005 with extensive public input. It was approved by the Board of County Commissioners in November 2005. The master plan includes:
- Youth-based community league sports fields (baseball and soccer)
- Extreme Sports Park (skateboarding, BMX and in-line skating)
- Sports courts
- Bocce court
- Multi-use trails
- Shared-use equestrian trail
- Covered picnic shelters
- Benches and picnic tables
- Caretaker and maintenance facilities
- Wetland mitigation area and natural interpretive areas and viewpoints
Park features will be built in phases over time as funding becomes available. The first phase of construction (PDF) was completed in December 2009. It included the following features from the long-term master plan:
- Walking and biking trails
- One large and one small covered picnic shelter with tables
- Two basketball half-courts
- Irrigated open lawn play areas
- Parking lot and entry road from Northwest 164th Street
- Wetland mitigation and improvements
- Benches and other site furnishing, such as signs
- Street improvements on Northwest 164th Street (widen road in front of park for bike lane and sidewalks)