Vital Records office will be closed Monday, Feb. 17 in observance of President's day.
Clark County Vital Records is implementing a new online ordering system. Clark County Public Health has used an online service portal for the past year for permits and other business. Before ordering certificates, funeral homes will need to register for an online profile. Once that has been completed, all your orders will be submitted online. Vital Records will no longer accept email or paper applications from funeral homes.
- Funeral home profile registration
- From the portal home page, click on the log-in box in the upper right hand corner and follow the on-screen instructions.
- It is recommended that you use a general email address for your account that everyone in your office has access to. All notifications from the online portal regarding orders and invoices will go to this email address.
- Ordering certificates online
- From the portal home page, click on the log-in box in the upper right hand corner to log in.
- To place an order:
- Go to My Profile on the left
- Click on your Facility
- Click on Start a Service Request. The options for ordering certificates are Standard Order, Correction and Copy and VA certificate. When ordering a VA certificate, be ready to upload a copy of the DD214 or equivalent.
- To pay for your orders:
- Go to My Profile on the left
- Click on Submitted applications
- Click on an invoice to expand it
- Click Add to Cart
- Once all orders are in the cart, click on Cart in the upper left corner
- Click on Checkout and enter payment information
- Funeral homes will pay for all orders at the time of request or at the end of each business day.
- Issuance will occur the business day following the order in most cases.
- Mailing options are offered with additional shipping and handling fees.
- Payments are made for each single order, or combined orders can be paid for by 9:00 pm each business day.
- Payment can be made via debit or credit card, or by e-check using your routing and check number.
- Convenience fees apply to all online payments. These are third party charges.
- We will no longer hold orders for certificates "with cause" when the Cause of Death has not yet been assigned.
- Certificates not ready for issuance when the order is placed will be canceled and a refund will be issued to the funeral home via the third party payment processor. These orders include:
- Orders where payment declined at the point of sale.
- Orders where the certificate is not approved or ready for issuance. For example, orders not approved by the physician, certificates that are pending the Cause of Death and not ready for issuance, etc.
- Funeral homes will no longer have a billing account to charge against. When current account balances are paid in full, the account will be permanently closed.
Benefits of the online service portal for Vital Records
- Your business will register and create an online account where all orders are placed. This allows all employees from a funeral home to track the status of every order in real time.
- In addition to picking up your order in our office, Vital Records can mail the certificate to the family or your business. Mailing fees will apply to each order. Mailing fees are $5.00 standard mail, $15.00 UPS 2ndday delivery, and $40.00 UPS next business day delivery.
- It reduces / eliminates the duplication of orders and the associated costs.
- It eliminates invoicing and billing errors.
Electronic Check Convenience Fee
Sale Amount Convenience Fee
Any Amount $2.95
Debit and Credit Convenience Fee Table:
|Sale Amount||Convenience Fee|
|$0.01 to $50.00||$2.00|
|$50.01 to $100.00||$2.95|
|$100.01 to $200.00||$4.95|
|$200.01 to $300.00||$6.95|
|$300.01 to $400.00||$8.95|
|$400.01 to $500.00||$10.95|
|$500.01 to $600.00||$12.95|
|$600.01 to $700.00||$14.95|
|$700.01 to $800.00||$16.95|
|$800.01 to $900.00||$18.95|
|$900.01 to $1,000.00||$20.95|
|$1,000.01 to $1,100.00||$22.95|
|$1,100.01 to $1,200.00||$24.95|
|$1,200.01 to $1,300.00||$26.95|
|$1,300.01 to $1,400.00||$28.95|
|$1,400.01 to $1,500.00||$30.95|
|$1,500.01 to $1,600.00||$32.95|
If you have questions, please email Belinda Walker or call at 564.397.8058.