Clark County Public Health's strategic plan is based on the premise that through partnerships we will influence the conditions that promote good health for everyone.
Active, resilient and healthy families and people of all ages, abilities, and cultures living, learning, working, and playing in thriving communities.
We collaborate with partners to protect and improve the health of and the environment for all people in Clark County. Together we:
- Prevent disease and injury.
- Promote healthier choices.
- Protect food, water and air.
- Prepare for and respond to emergencies.
- Communication. We identify, analyze and distribute information essential to our policymakers, partners and the community.
- Prevention and promotion. We implement strategies that prevent disease and promote healthy living in healthy environments that lead to long term benefits for everyone.
- Collaboration. We engage in community partnerships that produce well-supported and cost-effective health outcomes by bringing people, resources and organizations together.
- Date-driven, evidence-based strategies. We support effective public health interventions that depend on the best available research and information.
- Social justice and diversity. We recognize that in a healthy community, everyone's health matters equally and that services and opportunities for health must be accessible, affordable and appropriate for all.
- Customer service and accountability. As vigilant stewards of the public's trust, we are responsive and accountable to the community's needs.
- Skilled, innovative, diverse workforce. We recognize that a well-trained, dedicated, creative and diverse workforce is the foundation of our ability to assess and address the health of our community.
- Sustainability. We recognize policy, systems and environmental interventions are essential in creating and sustaining improvements in community health and resilience.
- Protecting the natural environment. We recognize the natural environment is our life support system. Protecting the soil, water and air is critical to the health and resiliency of our community.
The eight-year plan is structured around five initiatives:
- Ensure everyone has opportunities for healthy living
Prevent and mitigate chronic diseases
Facilitate and support policies that address social, economic, and environmental causes of health
Reduce health disparities
Promote strategies that support healthy behaviors
- Ensure public safety, healthy environments and community resilience
Protect natural resources
Prevent and control communicable diseases
Strengthen the community’s ability to prepare for, respond to, and recover from public health and environmental hazards and disasters
Support social networks that promote safe and healthy environments
- Ensure every child has a healthy start
Promote availability, accessibility and awareness of interventions that support childhood development
Educate and support families, caregivers and providers on prevention strategies that promote health and address health risks
Promote interventions and policies that prevent and mitigate the impact of Adverse Childhood Experiences (ACEs)
- Ensure the community health system addresses prevention, equity,a nd the social detriments of health
Inform policymakers, community partners and the public about the impact of social determinants on health risks and outcomes
Promote policies and practices within the health system that support prevention and reduce health disparities
Assist the community in accessing resources that improve physical and behavioral health
- Demonstrate excellence in public health practice and management
Ensure a supportive work environment and competent workforce
Collect and analyze current and diverse data that provides community health information to support decision-making
Maintain a performance management system that supports quality, efficiency and accountability