New Construction or Remodel
If you are going to be working on a construction or remodel project that includes a pool, spa, wading pool, recreational water feature (e.g. splash pad, interactive fountain) or floatation tank that will be open to the public, a public health plan review is required to confirm compliance with Washington Administrative Code 246-260: Water Recreation Facilities. Refer to the Clark County plan review process and design tips for more information.
Plan review documents
New construction: As Clark County Public Health is transitioning to online submissions, all of our forms and application materials have been updated. Please download and submit the forms below that are relevant to your project:
- Plan review application (Only required for in person or mail submissions)
- Facility questionnaire
- Pool questionnaire
- Spa questionnaire
- Recreational water feature questionnaire (e.g. splash pad, interactive fountain)
- Float tank plan review application packet
Remodel projects: Not all remodel projects are required to go through public health review. Submitting a remodel inquiry form will assist in determining the level of review, if any, that is needed based on the project type. Some examples of remodel projects that may require a plan review include structural changes, main drain changes, barrier reconstruction or a clubhouse remodel. We highly recommend contacting the health department early with project ideas to determine whether a review is needed and identify issues early in the process.
Environmental health fees
How to submit for review
- Online: Visit our online permitting portal. Be sure to review the Online Users Guide document for instructions on how to register for a profile, submit and make payments.
- In person: Application materials, plans and payment can be submitted in person at the Center for Community Health located on the 3rd floor of building 17 at 1601 E Fourth Plain Blvd Vancouver, WA 98666.
- By mail: Application materials, plans and payment can be submitted by mail at PO Box 9825 Vancouver, WA 98666.