Food Service Permitting Information
Selling food at an event?
Please note that there are restrictions to food service as a temporary establishment to ensure food safety.
- Single-event (Temporary) food permit information: Instructions and application to operate a temporary food service concession stand or booth at a single coordinated event for up to 21 days.
- Multi-event (Annual Itinerant) food permit information: Instructions and application to operate a temporary food service concession stand or booth at multiple coordinated events through out the year.
Exempt from permit information: Application form and list of foods that do not require a permit when sold or offered to the public.
Opening a food establishment?
- Food service establishment permit information: Application for a plan review and permit for a new or remodeled restaurant, deli or grocery store.
- Espresso/beverage-only permit information: Kiosks, tasting rooms, or other structures serving only beverages and pre-packaged foods.
- Mobile food unit permit information: Instructions and requirements for opening a mobile food vending truck.
- Catering service permit information: For food service that involves preparation in an approved kitchen for final cooking or service at another location.
- Change of ownership information: Submit at least 30 days prior to taking ownership to avoid additional fees.
Time to renew? Below you will find supplemental forms for an annual renewal.
- Commissary agreement: All foods to be sold to the public must be prepared in an approved kitchen. Additionally, all dishes, utensils, and wares used to prepare the food must be washed, rinsed, and sanitized in an approved kitchen. If you will be requiring a commissary kitchen, complete this form and submit it annually.
- Mobile unit restroom agreement: A restroom agreement is required for each location that a mobile unit will be parked at for more than one hour.
- Mobile unit route plan: To be submitted annually.
- Fees and food service definitions
- Plan Review Process Summary
- Location, Hours and Contact
- Washington State Retail Food Code
- Smoking in public places law, RCW 70.160
- Cottage food operations laws -Washington State Department of Agriculture (WSDA)
- Food Worker Card and PIC (Person in Charge information) testing information