Natural Garden Tour features 12 earth-friendly gardens to inspire local gardeners
Vancouver, Wash. – Clark County residents have the opportunity to explore 12 local gardens maintained using earth-friendly techniques during this weekend’s Natural Garden Tour. Visitors can meet host gardeners and find inspiration to make their own gardens beautiful and healthy.
The free, self-guided Natural Garden Tour is 10 am to 4 pm Sunday, July 14. The tour features gardens across the county, and participants can explore gardens at their own pace – visiting as many of the 12 gardens as they’d like. Booklets with tour map and details can be downloaded from the Clark County Green Neighbors website or found at:
- Backyard Bird Shop, 8101 NE Parkway Drive
- Cascade Greenhouse, 6005 NE 139th St.
- Chapman’s Greenhouse and Nursery, 14002 NE 117th Ave.
- Heritage Farm, 1919 NE 78th St. 8:30 am to 2 pm Tuesday and Wednesday; 11:30 am to 5 pm Thursday and Friday.
- Hidden Gardens Nursery, 4345 NW 16th Ave., Camas
- Shorty’s Garden & Home, 10006 SE Mill Plain Blvd. and 705 NE 199th St., Ridgefield
- Vintage Books, 6613 E Mill Plain Blvd.
- Yard N’ Garden Land, 1501 NE 102nd St.
- Wildlife Botanical Gardens, 11000 NE 149th St., Brush Prairie
The annual tour is a great way for local gardeners to learn how to make their yard a healthy place for pets and children while protecting waterways and wildlife. Methods include:
- Using native plants
- Growing food
- Water conservation techniques
- Attracting pollinators and other beneficial insects
Designing alternatives to traditional lawns
The tour also offers an opportunity for participants to chat with local residents who have learned how to maintain gardens without relying on fertilizers, herbicides and pesticides. Last year, more than 750 people made 1,200 visits to the 12 household gardens in the tour.
For more information about the Natural Garden Tour and other environmentally conscious activities, visit the Clark County Green Neighbors website.