Solid Waste Advisory Commission
The Clark County Solid Waste Advisory Commission is a ten-member panel appointed by the Clark County Council that represents a broad spectrum of the community.
The commission meets at 6pm on the first Thursday of February, May, August and November at the Center for Community Health, 1601 E Fourth Plain Blvd, Vancouver, WA 98666-8825, Room 210AB.
PLEASE NOTE: THE FEBRUARY 2018 MEETING HAS BEEN MOVED A WEEK TO FEB. 8, 2018
The commission advises the Clark County Council on solid waste matters including:
- Helping develop programs and policies concerning solid waste handling and disposal and reviewing and commenting on proposed rules, policies or ordinances prior to adoption
- Participating in current solid waste planning and development of future solid waste management plans
- Investigating new developments in solid waste management practices and recommending further investigation or adoption of the practices, which will improve local solid waste management
- Recommending to the Board of County Councilors and Clark County Public Health appropriate and necessary solutions to solid waste problems as may be presented by local citizens, private industry or others.
- Advising Clark County Public Health in evaluating applications for permits for solid waste handling facilities and disposal sites
- Advising the county council or county staff in other specific solid waste matters, such as designing or siting solid waste facilities as directed by the board on a project-by-project basis
- Maintaining communication with the citizens represented by each member to further public information and citizen input
- Encouraging, supporting and promoting the reduction, recovery and reuse of resources contained in solid waste
To contact the Solid Waste Advisory Commission or be added to the distribution list to receive meeting reminders and updates, please email SWAC@clark.wa.gov.
Clark County Business Community Representative (deadline to apply: 1/31)
Solid Waste Industry Representative (deadline to apply: 1/31)
North Clark County Representative (deadline to apply: 2/14)
Small Cities and Towns Representative (deadline to apply: 2/14)
|Name||Representing||Term Began||Term Expires|
|Allan Jeska, Chair||Public interest groups||Sept. 2011||Sept. 30, 2019|
|Vacant||North Clark County|
|Rem Wilson||Southeast Clark County||April 2013||Sept. 30, 2018|
|Vacant||Small cities & towns|
|Alixandra Coker||County at large||Jan. 2016||Dec. 31, 2018|
|Rich McConaghy||City of Vancouver||Aug. 2016||July 31, 2019|
|Christopher Prothero||Southwest Clark County||Jan. 2017||Dec. 31, 2019|
|Warren Neth||Agriculture||Jan. 2017||Dec. 31, 2019|
|Vacant||Solid waste management industry|
|Vacant||Clark County business|